tweet

Monday, March 1, 2010

Overheard...

Many years ago, and if you remember you're showing your age, the Jewish Exponent used to run a cartoon based on something funny that was 'overheard'. Unfortunately it was canceled after one cartoon showed two guys walking out of a funeral saying, yes he was married for 40 years with 10 off for good behavior. It was very funny, more so if you knew, or could guess. whose funeral it was but obviously someone didn't see the humor! But since I'm not popular enough to cause a boycott I decided to could risk resurrecting the idea.
Apologies in advance for any liberties taken with the 'quotes'. So with love....

Overheard:
At a funeral...
He was smarter than me and everyone knows I never say that.

At a different one...
I used to be envious of her but I'm here and she's not. Wasn't that a waste of time.

From a young woman wondering if she should cut her guy loose...
If he doesn't play around now will I wind up as Jenny Sanford?

From at least five different women after multiple Olympic watching hours...
You know, I was always a really great skater

At a party...
Oh yes we've met before but you were a blond then.

No comments:

Post a Comment